Kayak fishing is one of the most exciting adventure sports. But for many it is also one of the most frustrating experiences possible. In spite of the best kayak fishing equipment and a GPS, the sport can be as unpredictable as wind and water. With little time to spare and limited room onboard, being properly equipped and well prepared can really make a difference in the quality of the game. Instead of fiddling around, you could really focus on the big catch under your boat. That is why, for me as a kayak angler, a comprehensive list of kayak fishing accessories is a must-have.
* Fisherman’s Back Pack – If you want to stay dry and comfortable at the same time, this is a great way to protect your boat and fishing gear from rain or other water-related problems. kayak anglers need to take an extra load of luggage, but this lightweight fishing kit has all the items necessary to carry all the kayak fishing accessories you will need. It also comes with a built-in storage container for tackle, lure boxes and a cooler for your bottled water. This kayak fishing accessories set makes a great way to protect and carry other kayak fishing gear. This accessory is great for day or night fishing.
* First Aid Kit – A kayak angler should have a first aid kit on board for any emergency situations. This kit should include bandages, painkillers, anti-inflammatory medicines, cotton balls, ointments and tweezers, aspirin tablets and so forth. This essential kayak fishing accessories kit will be a huge help if you get caught in an emergency. It will save you a lot of trouble and could very well keep you on the kayak for good.
* Fish Finder Systems – The use of fish finders is one of the best kayak accessories you can add to your boat. You can use them to locate fish as well as chart a course for tracking the fish. The fish finders are especially useful when you are tracking big fish like bass. These devices are also excellent for smaller species like trout. The fish finders come in two different models – the top mounted unit and the bottom-mounted unit. The best kayak accessories use both types of finders for the best results.
* Kayak Paddles – These are also one of the kayak fishing accessories that you would want to consider. Your choice will depend on how often you will be kayaking and how far you plan on going. There are three basic types of kayak paddles: hard paddles, soft paddles and the combo paddle. Hard paddles are those that you would use in open water; the soft paddles are for in the middle of the lakes or rivers; and the combo paddle is for going in lakes that have a wide variety of size and shapes. So you need to decide how often you will be paddling and at what angle you would want to be using the paddles.
* Kayak Fishing Accessories – There are many other kayak fishing accessories that you should consider as well. One is an emergency kit. You should have one of these stocked into your boat for any eventuality. Some of the items you should consider bringing with you are extra flotation devices for anyone who might have trouble floating; a first aid kit and sun block; a portable food supply; and an emergency blanket. Any type of medical supply that you might need on board should also be considered. And if none of these are in your kayak, consider buying a couple of sporting goods to carry along with your kayak fishing accessories.
* Kayak Fishing Accessories – You should also have some type of anchor available for emergencies. The type of anchor that you choose will depend on where you fish. If you fish in waters that aren’t very deep, you will probably want a cable anchoring system. Larger boats may require a jolly boat anchor.
These are just some of the kayak fishing accessories that can help improve your enjoyment of water sports. As with most things, do some research and get as many options as possible before making your final purchase. Also, keep in mind the types of fish that you will be catching. There are different weight ranges for different kayaks. Know the weight range of your boat so you will be able to pick the proper equipment.